The Global Resource Bank issues global dollars that value the production of nature. The Bank's currency quantifies the economy of ecosystems. This money measures the capacity of nature to produce the commodities that sustain life on Earth. The transfer of Global Resource Bank dollars earns the Bank income to pay shareholder dividends, invest in a natural environment and buy telecommunications. The Bank pays off the world's public debt. Each person owns one share of the Bank.
The establishment of the Global Resource Bank begins a free public enterprise where the value of resources, direction of investments and orientation of technology are in harmony with a natural environment. The Bank's charter outlines a rational transition from people living with the fear of consuming nature's life-giving resources to a future of natural abundance for everyone.
Art. 2. BANK ACCESS: Free access to the Bank is by telecommunication.
Art. 3. BANK ASSETS: The assets claimed by the Bank are the resources of nature outside national jurisdiction. The shareholders value the natural production capacity of ecosystems in this region at 6,000 trillion Global Resource Bank dollars on par with United States dollars.
Art. 4. SHAREHOLDER CAPITAL: Shareholder capital is transferred from bank assets to shareholder accounts in the amount of 10,000 dollars per year for ten consecutive years. Electronic cash transfers between accounts are cleared by the transparent cash transfer program described in articles five through eight.
Art. 5. BANK INCOME: The initial rate of bank income is 2 percent of cash transfers. This transfer fee is divided equally between the accounts taking part in a cash transfer. The Bank's initial percentage rates are adjusted to the average percentage rates that result from shareholder/director choices.
Art. 6. SHAREHOLDER DIVIDEND: The initial shareholder dividend rate is 80 percent of bank income divided equally among shareholder accounts. Upon death, shareholder dollars revert to bank assets.
Art. 7. ENVIRONMENT INVESTMENT: The initial environment investment rate is 10 percent of bank income divided equally among shareholder environment accounts. The shareholders are entrusted to allocate this money to investments that protect and/or renew ecosystems.
Art. 8. COMMUNICATION ACCOUNT: The initial rate the communication account receives is 10 percent of bank income. This money is to pay for a full service telecommunication network. The communication account manager is hired by the majority of voting shareholders to buy telecommunications at the market.
Art. 9. START-UP CAPITAL: The Bank transfers from bank assets 5,000 dollars to each shareholder's environment account and 30 trillion dollars to the communication account.
Art. 10. CREDITOR CAPITAL: The Bank transfers from bank assets to creditor's bank accounts sufficient Global Resource Bank dollars to pay off the world's public debt at the United States dollar exchange rate.
Art. 11. STEADY STATE: The dollars required to maintain the ratio of total capital per shareholder at a steady state are automatically transferred between bank income and the Bank's dollar reserve.
Art. 12. AMENDMENTS: These Articles of Association may be amended by the majority of shareholders. Guardians of shareholders have proxy rights.
2. Free access to the Bank is through a 24 hour toll free number paid for out of the communication account by the communication account manager.
3. The assets the people claim and value are the economies of ecosystems outside the jurisdiction of nations. The Bank quantifies the capacity of the people's commonwealth to produce the commodities that sustain life on Earth at one million GRB dollars for each one of six billion people. This comes to a total of 6,000 trillion GRB dollars.
4. Over ten years the Bank liquefies $100,000 per person for a total of 600 trillion GRB dollars in personal working capital. Transparent, telecommunicated cash (telecash) transfers ensure open accounting and instant settlement. The free flow of GRB dollars is unregulated.
5. The amount of bank income varies with the transfer fee and the amount of cash transferred. The amount of cash transferred is a function of the market. The people manage the system by adjusting the transfer fee and choosing what percentage of bank income goes to shareholder's personal accounts, shareholder's environment accounts and the communication account.
6. The shareholder dividend earns every man, woman and child life-long economic security.
7. The shareholder's environment account gives each person direct responsibility for Earth's natural environment. This investment in nature grows the global economy by increasing ecosystem production. The large magnitude of the investment reverses negative trends produced by lesser monetary systems that value the consumption of natural capital.
8. The cash flow to the communication account pays for an interactive communication network that fully employs telecommunication technology. Free access to the Bank is a universal condition. The Bank's home office is with the communication account manager.
9. The start-up capital is for initial investments in the environment and telecommunications.
10. The creditors of the public debt, including individuals, US Federal Reserve Banks, the Bank of International Settlement, the World Bank, other banks, the International Monetary Fund, municipal bond holders etc., are paid off with GRB dollars. When the people establish the Bank an amount of GRB dollars equal to the world's public debt in US dollars is put in escrow. The acceptance of the pay-off is at the discretion of the creditors. The lending of GRB dollars is the domain of creditors in free capital markets.
11. To nullify inflation or deflation of GRB dollars, an automatic steady state mechanism systematically maintains the ratio of total capital per shareholder.
12. An amendment proposed by a shareholder automatically becomes part of the Bank's charter when it receives the approval of a majority of shareholders. Parents vote for children and manage their accounts until they reach adulthood.
THE < income < 2% cash transfer fee < THE BANK > outflow > 80% sha. > 10% env. > 10% com. > MARKET
Assets (worth to the shareholders) $6,000trn Working Capital: Shareholder Accounts (6 billion @ $100,000 each) $600trn Environment Accounts (6 billion @ $5,000 each) 30 Communication Account 30 Creditors (approximately) 40 Total Working Capital 700trn Assets $6,000trn Total Working Capital (700) Dollar Reserve $5,300trn
The total working capital distribution including six billion shareholders is about $700trn. At the current annual cash turnover rate of 7 the Bank transfers $4,900trn per year. With a 2% transfer fee the Bank's income is $98trn a year. Eighty percent (80%) of $98trn earns each one of six billion shareholders $13,000 a year in dividends, 10% (9.8trn) is invested in the environment and 10% (9.8trn) buys telecommunications. The dollar reserve of $5,300trn is for: capitalizing new shareholder accounts above the initial 6 billion, maintaining the ratio of total capital per shareholder at a steady state, converting money that values the consumption of natural capital to GRB dollars and confirming people's trust in the system.
"The GRB is a new concept to help manifest the new age." Peter Caddy, Co-founder, Findhorn Community, Scotland
"Godspeed the GRB." Muhammad Yunus, Director, Grammen Bank, Bangladesh
"I support the GRB initiative." Hazel Henderson, Author, Paradigms In Progress, USA
The Global Resource Bank has been advertised in the Financial Times, The Economist and other leading publications. To establish the Bank your communication is needed. Network this proposal and send ideas, questions and your endorsement to: Global Resource Bank, c/o John Pozzi, 126 SE 3 St., Hallandale, FL 33009 USA. Tel: + 305-458-7941, Fax: + 305-458-0426.
Representing the Bank in: California, Frances Fox, + 408-373-6423; New York, Bettina Corke, + 212-580-2263; Sweden, Lennart Bylund, + 6-377-0632; Key West, Minna Post Peyser, + 305-296-2443. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.